Game Server Developer
DIGIT is Ireland’s largest games developer and the creator of free-to-play strategy MMO games. Our first game, Kings of the Realm, has grossed well into the seven figures since launching late 2014. We are now developing our second title, based on a phenomenal IP, launching in 2017.
We are looking for a full-time Game Server Deloper who will play an instrumental part in creating world leading next-generation MMORTS and Empire-Building games, played by millions of mobile gamers. You will be part of a small, highly skilled game server development team, developing highly scalable systems with focus on consistency and low latency.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Work on existing and new mobile MMOs, improving existing servers as well as co-designing architectures for new titles
- Implementing game features as well as tools that empower our LiveOps & Game-Design teams to create new and exciting gameplay experiences
- Design and implement server side logic
- Create low latency solutions and highly scalable and consistent systems
- Attend daily standups - work closely with the feature owners and game client developers to implement features
- Work with game client developers to implement networked communications between game client and server
- Work with DevOps on scaling and deploying large scale distributed systems
- Write automated, high-quality tests (Unit, functional, smoke etc) and work with QA teams
- This role will require a one week rotating on call element (Paid).
To do this job, you will need:
- 3+ years as part of a professional game development team or other relevant experience
- Experienced developing highly available backends and servers, for large scale MMO games or high traffic web systems
- Experienced in creating large scale distributed systems with high traffic
- Solid Python development skills
- Strong Linux (e.g login & debug server, working with log files, comfortable using Linux Bash terminal etc.)
- Experience working with Redis (or other open source Databases) ORMs and migration scripts
- Ability to write efficient low-latency and low-IO code & systems
- Good understanding on how to prevent intrusions, injections, cheating etc
- Experienced in data migration and in using GIT
While not mandatory, below are some nice to have’s:
- Experience working with either Amazon, Docker, Chef or Ansible is a big plus
- Automated tests e.g. using Unit-Testing, Load-Testing with JMeter or Locust etc.
- C# or Java
- Experience with stateful and stateless game server architectures