Lead Game Designer (Mobile Games)
KingsIsle Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced game designer for our Mobile team. If you are a multi-talented and experienced game designer with the ability to adapt to various forms of content or systems design and capable of taking responsibility for realizing our design philosophies in the form of epic, engaging content, then you may just be the right person.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, a strong visual aesthetic, extensive knowledge of mobile games, and a longstanding passion for playing games.
- Create fun and broadly appealing games for mobile and tablet devices
- Design, implement, and iterate on innovative and compelling game experiences
- Relate the design vision and requirements to programmers and artists
- 4 or more years of game design experience, including experience as a senior or lead designer on at least one shipped product
- Strong proficiency in written and verbal communication
- Proven track record in content and systems design
- Ideal candidate will be someone who has creatively owned design vision and implementation from concept to completion
- Ability to work creatively in a fast-paced team environment
- An abiding passion for creating and playing video games
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience as a manager and/or mentor
- Analytical skills for evaluating game designs and interpreting player data
- Mobile game monetization experienceor more
- A cover letter is required, explaining why you would like to work at KingsIsle, what games you are currently playing and how they appeal to you as a designer
- Please make sure that the durations of your education and employment on your resume are included in month/year format
- Applicants must be legally able to work in the U.S.
- This job is located in Round Rock, Texas