DIGIT is a team of 70 talented and experienced game makers, creating truly unique MMO experiences for PC and Mobile. Our first game, a fantasy MMO called Kings of the Realm, reached the top grossing charts in over 40 countries. Now, in partnership with our publisher Scopely, we are developing our second title, based on a phenomenal IP, which is set to be the biggest mobile game launch of 2018.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join the team and help bring our new title to life.
As Product Owner you will be pivotal to our development process and lead multiple development pods in ensuring features are built to release quality and are great fun to play. You will report into the CEO and be part of the Product Group across DIGIT and Scopely, so you have to be comfortable balancing strategic thinking with day to day operations. This role is for someone with extremely high drive and output, you will lead the teams by example, ensuring we are building a game that redefines our genre and delights our players.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Work with a cross disciplined team following the scrum process to deliver features and bring gameplay designs to life.
- Be heavily involved in pre-production, contributing ideas and thoughts to the design.
- Be a vision holder for the game, helping explain reasoning for decisions and designs across the studio.
- Be acutely aware of our competitors and their gameplay designs, becoming an expert in strategy games on mobile.
- Help define feature KPI targets, A/B testing parameters and success criteria.
- Communicate vision and design approaches to development teams, being the key connector between dev and game design.
- Own multiple features in development, in parallel.
- Work with development teams to ensure features are built to specification and more importantly, world-class player facing quality.
- Be proactive and available for development teams, helping to answer questions, make decisions and resolve concerns.
- Constantly be reviewing progress of the feature on device and defining the goals and focus for the day.
- Manage project stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle.
- Work with production to define and prepare backlogs and sprints.
- Attend Scrum Ceremonies (daily stand ups, sprint kick offs, sprint reviews, retrospectives etc.)
To do this job you will need:
- To have owned a game (significant section of a large game) throughout development including taking it live.
- To have worked with and preferably led development teams.
- A background in making games, ideally free to play.
- Good grasp of mobile game design, and how to make core games work on touch devices.
While not mandatory, below are some nice to have’s:
- Experience in Production and/or Games Design
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, including publishers.
- Experience working with a license holder / IP.
- Technical or programming background.