Senior Technical Artist – Rigger
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is an exclusive Austin studio comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing multiple AAA FPS products, but also work on a few projects of our own, and have very interesting new projects in the works.
As a Senior Technical Artists (Rigger) at Certain Affinity, you’ll get the chance to see some of the custom 3D tools and pipelines behind the world’s biggest shooters, and contribute to our own proprietary technology. This role requires an energetic individual to take a hands-on approach to our pipeline management and tools creation for our studio art team.
If you have a desire to create world class characters and enjoy technical work, we’d like to hear from you.
- Collaborate with character artists, animators, and tools programmers to develop animation rigs and pipelines for characters, vehicles, and props
- Support the modeling and animation teams by advising on topology & deformation, maintaining rigs and pipelines, troubleshooting, and implementing desired functionality
- Implement and trouble shoot in-game assets
- Maximize aesthetic quality while respecting and enforcing project performance constraints
- Research and implement in-engine dynamic solutions such as hair, cloth, ragdolls, etc.
- Maintain and polish in-engine animation state machine
- Explore, document, promote and integrate cutting-edge processes and techniques to help keep studio animation quality competitive
- Seek ways to improve and streamline art pipelines, drive quality, and improve team efficiency
- 5+ years experience in rigging and skinning characters, creatures, vehicles, and props
- Expert-level proficiency with Autodesk Maya
- Possesses an approachable, customer-oriented demeanor
- Strong communication skills and desire to collaborate with art, design and engineering
- Experienced in ramping up an animation team in a variety of engines and toolsets
- Strong knowledge of facial rigging and deformation
- Mastery of Python scripting for extending content creation tools and automating tasks
- Experience with performance capture systems within Motionbuilder
- Animation key-framing
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4
- Knowledge of C++ or C#
- Experience writing Maya plug-ins