Senior Technical Producer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is an exclusive Austin studio comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’ve co-developed multiple products for the Call of Duty and Halo franchises, and we’ve launched a few of our own games as well.
As a Senior Technical Producer at Certain Affinity, you’ll help contribute to multiple game teams. The Senior Technical Producer will be responsible for guiding our engineering resources to deliver a high-quality product on time and budget while helping to promote a collaborative, results oriented environment.
If you have project management and scheduling experience, are eager to make an impact, motivated to support the needs of both development teams and external partners, and are open new challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- Work with the Project Teams, Studio Production Director, Studio Technical Director, and technical leads to formulate, drive, and maintain the engineering development schedule
- Responsible for driving Certain Affinity’s platform team, shared engine team, and game engineering teams to deliver high quality features within time and budget constraints
- Assess and prioritize technical needs from across the studio, communicating conflicts and working with appropriate stakeholders to resolve them as needed
- Establishes and drives processes and solutions to improve efficiency and communication within the technical teams
- Facilitate communication, ensure timely dissemination of information to technical teams and company overall
- Communicate project development status to senior management and business team
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance department for product testing cycles
- At least five years of project management experience in game development
- Shipped at least one+ AAA console title in a Producer or Senior Producer role
- Familiarity with Platform and cloud-based services
- Familiarity with engineering development with Unreal Engine
- Experience building high functioning, quality-driven teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, and scheduling skills
- Strong time management skills with ability to multitask across disciplines, assess risk, define priorities, and resolve problems while meeting deadlines
- Deep knowledge of game development – team dynamics, common development hurdles, game engines, development milestones, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of at least one bug tracking software solution and MS Office
- Motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Works well within an open, highly collaborative environment
- Experience with FPS titles
- Experience running an online game as part of a Live team
- Familiarity with Agile and other traditional project management methodologies
- Knowledge of programming languages including Python, C#, C++, Go
- Hands-on development experience in any development area – art, design, programming, QA, etc.
- College degree in related field preferred such as Computer Science, Computer Graphic Art, or Business Management