Game Services Engineer
GAME SERVICES ENGINEER
Peek behind the curtain of the universe of Destiny and you will find a truly impressive collection of online services. Rich interaction with other players, persistence of your accomplishments and those of your friends, security to keep it clean and fun, and never-before-seen game features that will blow your mind. You would expect nothing less of Bungie and we will not let you down.
Building something worthy of Destiny is always challenging, so we're looking for someone with talent and passion to help make these ambitions become a reality. We make games we want to play, and we want someone who shares that passion.
As a Game Services Engineer, you will do just that. You will work with Game Designers and other Engineers to determine not only what to build, but how to build it. And then you'll craft it, run it, and profit. We're a small team without strict lines, so you'll be wearing a lot of hats: architect, developer, performance engineer, play tester...whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team to build amazing new experiences
- Build and maintain production quality C#/C++ code
- Develop scalable systems with a clean design that will serve us well over multiple future game releases
- Diagnose and fix complex issues with a live game
- Help to ensure a high functioning engineering team; you will be responsible for training, providing guidance and continually improving the team around you
- 3+ years of professional experience as an engineer
- Experience with high-scale, high-performance service development in C#, C++, Java, or another OO language
- Experience analyzing systems for performance and implementing performance improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Professional experience with .Net 4.5 or higher
- Professional experience with C++
- Experience with NoSQL technology (redis, mongodb)
- Game industry experience
- Experience with database performance and tuning
- Experience of building and operating cloud-hosted services