Senior Gameplay Engineer
SENIOR GAMEPLAY ENGINEER
Do you love both games and code? Do you love helping others improve at their craft? Would you enjoy collaborating closely with creative talent? Would you like to work on daring worlds that bring people together, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that jealously guards work-life balance?
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer at Bungie, you will play an integral role in bridging the last mile technology between game design, art, and our engine. You’ll be deeply involved in crafting our new Supers, Abilities, and Exotic Weapons. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, dedicated, and energetic team devoted to creating the best and most technically impressive games in the world.
- Directly manage engineers, providing support, mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development advice
- Build and maintain production-quality code using C++
- Collaborate daily with a cross-disciplinary team to build amazing new gameplay experiences and technology
- Experience managing and mentoring engineers
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- 3+ years of professional experience as an engineer in game development
- Strong programming foundation and experience with C/C++
- Strong math background (trigonometry, linear algebra, calculus, etc...)
- Passion for great games and great technology
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- Academic or on the job management training
- Experience developing networked gameplay features