Head of Narrative Development
HEAD OF NARRATIVE DEVELOPMENT
Bungie is looking for an experienced Director of Development with a passion for the craft of storytelling to manage our studio’s growing Narrative Department, which is comprised of the following disciplines: Writing, Cinematics, Narrative Design, Localization, and Audio.
This role is a management position focused on mentoring Narrative Department team members; promoting and fostering excellence in the art of storytelling for games, and driving departmental recruitment and hiring strategy. You will also develop training processes and present growth opportunities for individual team members as well as oversee performance reviews. In addition, you will be a key member of Bungie’s leadership team, fostering consistent management practices and culture across the Studio.
With a focus on people, processes, and culture, this is a wonderful opportunity to build, develop, and motivate a talented team of storytellers while establishing new standards in narrative techniques.
- Promote teamwork and healthy collaboration studio wide
- In collaboration with Project Leads and the VP of Game Development, organize and structure the Narrative team to best support the needs of the studio
- Work with Leads to ensure project teams are fully supported
- Oversee hiring of Narrative Department staff
- Assist Game Directors, Creative Directors, and Narrative Discipline Leads with project specific issues
- Day to day management of the Narrative Department
- Mentor and promote the knowledge and career development of team members
- Identify training opportunities to broaden the skillsets of the teams
- Review and research narrative-related tools, methods, education, reference materials, and cutting edge techniques to implement into development pipelines
- Cultivate and maintain an inspiring and rewarding Narrative Team culture to ensure Bungie is the best place in the industry for passionate storytellers
- 3+ years leading and managing creatives on AAA games preferably in roles such as Director of Development or Executive Producer
- Bachelor’s degree in narrative field or equivalent experience
- Previous experience as a discipline lead responsible for delivering narrative content and/or elevating narrative craft
- A deep desire to focus on management and strategy within the game narrative and storytelling disciplines
- Experience in effectively managing personnel and developing a high performance team
- Superior leadership and effective communication skills
- Exhibits a passion for storytelling and the craft of narrative