Senior Android Engineer - CSR2
Engineering London, London
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
You are ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious. You are a self-disciplined problem-solver, who is respectful and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and you thrive on working with people who share these values.
As a Senior Android programmer you will confidently and respectfully challenge the status quo in order to improve things. Assertive when needed, you ensure the requirements of your team and your business are met by stakeholders at all levels. Confident in your decision making, you nevertheless think carefully before you speak and act.
What you will be responsible for:
- Evangelising Android hardware and technology to encourage adoption.
- Designing and implementing features of a shared cross-platform codebase.
- Informing and ensuring best practices for Android application development.
- Supporting individual titles with their development challenges, and speculative R&D
- Maintaining a high quality of cross-platform API for internal teams to use in applications.
What you will bring:
- You will be proficient with C++ and Java
- You have a strong background with Android; including NDK experience.
- You have exposure to complex 3D game development and understand the technical difficulties that result from it.
- You have worked on developing cross-platform systems (currently iOS/Android/PC).
- You feel confident in being able to resolve issues with Android development and assist teams with problems they have.
- Problem solving is one of your strengths, you like thinking through problems and actively working through them.
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience with server development
- Many games shipped and live environments supported
What do we give you?
- Flexible working hours
- Zynga Stock
- A discretionary annual bonus
- A contributory pension scheme
- Discounted gym membership at Studio local gyms
- Free fruit & soft drinks
- 23 days discretionary holiday + 3 days extra over Christmas on top of standard public holidays
- The opportunity to join the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the Studio, every Friday