Game Designer (World Systems)
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a World Systems Designer to create innovative and long-lasting gameplay for P7, a new Remedy project.
Are you constantly thinking about intriguing ways to excite your players and keep them invested in your game’s world? Are you obsessed with lore and a desire to create rich content that communities will devour? Do you design challenge systems that are so moreish your players plan their week around them? Have you already designed the next Battle Royale? Are you always among the first to find Xûr?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, you may be exactly who we’re looking for.
• Define and drive the creation of unique content and in-game events that delight players and encourage them to explore the game world
• Work with the design team to brainstorm and prototype new ways to keep players engaged and the community buzzing
• Spearhead the creation of compelling, innovative online game modes, including creating simplified level layouts and driving playtests and iteration
• Share knowledge and keep the team updated on trends and areas for innovation in the connected- gaming space
Requirements and qualifications
• World Warrior - At least 1 shipped (AAA) game as a designer focused on world system design and demonstrable experience creating compelling open-world systemic gameplay
• Online Innovator - Passion for online play and a hunger to create cutting-edge connected experiences that extend the play experience in rich ways
• Early-Access Assessor – With an extensive knowledge of the online space, you’re already on the front line of the next big thing and understand intuitively what makes it appealing
• Lone Wolf - Self-motivated and able to work independently, while still contributing to a multi-disciplined design team
• Tooled Up - Knowledge and experience creating layouts using next-generation 3D level editors (e.g. Unreal 4, CryEngine)
• Scripted - Experience scripting gameplay logic, level flow and prototyping using scripting languages (e.g. Lua, C# or equivalent)
• Clan Chat – Excellent communication skills and ability to keep the team updated
We also appreciate
• Programming experience
• A desire to improve the way our players can create their own stories with their friends
What is in it for you
• Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
• Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we will take care of everything else.
• You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
• We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
• Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the workload sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.