HARD SURFACE OUTSOURCE INTEGRATION ARTIST
Guerrilla is looking for a technically inclined 3D artist to supervise and review the production of outsource assets. You will focus on reviewing hard surface hero assets, to ensure that they’re of high quality and confirm to our cutting edge standards.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- You will support the asset art team, ensuring that all assets function correctly in game and meet all technical requirements.
- You will set up, maintain and update hero asset briefings during the process of asset creation.
- You will collaborate with the asset art team to determine the asset requirements and work alongside the tech team to produce production specifications.
- You will work with the Tech Team to develop long-term strategies to automate asset art production.
- You will research and develop new asset creation techniques to optimize workflows while retaining the highest quality possible.
- You will maintain a universally high standard of quality on all assets through regular reviews and feedback.
- You will attend team meetings to discuss work progress and art related issues.
- You will implement assets in our engine for reviewing purposes.
- You will troubleshoot problems with the reintegration of outsourced assets.
- You will (on occasion) produce or modify assets as the need arises.
- You will contribute to any part of the hard surface production pipeline when necessary.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have an advanced understanding of Maya, Zbrush and Photoshop.
- You have an excellent understanding of modeling for games, animation and deformation (clean Topology and EdgeFlow).
- You have advanced skills in producing high quality Texturing/Materials in given resource guidelines.
- You have a professional attitude and you’re a good team player who can solve problems on your own initiative, work with minimal supervision.
- You have an excellent technical and artistic understanding of asset creation, from mockup to final in game integration.
- You are articulate, have strong written and verbal communication skills and a good command of the English language.
- You keep up to date with the latest tools and techniques.
- You embrace feedback and critique and work well under pressure.
- You are self-organized and know how to manage your time efficiently.
- You are able to meet deadlines under tight schedules.
- You have experience with scripting in Maya.
- You have experience in Substance Painter/Designer.
- You are able to create tools to optimize production.
- You possess a solid understanding of human and animal anatomy.
- You have experience working with outsource studios .
- Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
- This is not a dedicated asset creation position – your time will mostly be spent supervising an outsource team dedicated to making hard surface assets. Asset creation will only occupy a tiny part of your day-to-day work.