PROGRAMMING – PROGRAMMING
Blackbird Interactive is looking for new and up and coming developers to join our team. Do you know how to get things done? Can you work with designers and artists to understand and implement what they need? We are looking for passionate and talented team players eager to be a key part of our programming team.
You will be part of an initially small, high performing team who can crunch ideas quickly and come up with dazzling solutions to challenging problems. You will have a collaborative approach and be an integral part of the team from early exploration to shipping a high quality game.
- Full life cycle engineering on key systems and features, from eliciting requirements to technical designs to implementation, testing, and support under guidance of Senior Programmer.
- Develop pipelines and tools to enable designers and artists to iterate their content into your features.
- Work closely with designers to understand and refine design intentions via prototypes and rapid iteration.
- Become knowledgeable about many areas and an expert on some.
- Interact with other engineers to improve the whole technical team and process.
- Collaborate continuously with art, design and technical teams to define requirements and iteratively build solutions.
- Jump wholeheartedly into learning new technologies and systems and leverage them in creative ways to meet our technical and business needs.
- Assess requirements and provide effort estimates to guide an evolving development plan.
- Embrace and help improve our programming practices for solid design, testing, and implementation.
- 0-3 years of programming with interest in game development
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Good understanding of C# and / or C++.
- Self direction and a proven ability to thrive in a highly dynamic environment.
- Strong inter-disciplinary collaboration skills, including verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrated passion for games and technology.
- Competitive salary
- Extended Health & Dental benefits
- Generous vacation and sick day allowances
- Other studio programs related to maintaining the health and well being of our staff
Blackbird Interactive is a rapidly growing independent game development studio located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. We are dedicated to creating uncompromising immersive games with strong narratives and distinctive art styles. Games that we are excited to work on, are a blast to play, and that we can be proud of for decades to come.
Must be eligible and available for Full Time & On-site work in Vancouver, BC.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
Blackbird Interactive is committed to diversity and building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.