Deep Silver FISHLABS is a Hamburg-based developer and publisher of high-quality video games for mobile and stationary platforms. Since December 2013, the studio is part of the Koch Media Group, a world-leading producer and marketer of digital entertainment products such as software, games and movies. The 90-strong, multinational team of Deep Silver FISHLABS has been making critically acclaimed and commercially successful video games for more than 13 years. The studio’s award-winning portfolio of casual, mid- and hardcore games is composed of own IPs such as Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore and Dead Island Survivors as well as publishing titles such as Warp Shift and Jumping Joe. Deep Silver FISHLABS’ space action shooter Galaxy on Fire - Manticore RISING for Apple TV received a German Developer Award 2015 in the category "Best Technical Achievement”. Two years later, Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore was granted an Editors’ Choice accolade by the iTunes editorial team.
Every ambitious mission needs excellent pros. People like you!
Accept the challenge as:
Senior Game Designer (m/f)
You will be part of a highly motivated team, eager to create a compelling AAA high quality game. Together with your colleagues in Game Design you will be in the center of it all, working closely with programmers and artists to make our new game a great success.
- Conception of game ideas for a new, hitherto unannounced game
- Creation of game design documents (GDDs) and vision statements
- Devise creative solutions to gameplay and balancing issues
- Development of gameplay mechanisms and systems
- Conception of level designs and user interfaces in cooperation with other team members and departments
- Refine balance of live game economies
- Aggregation and evaluation of user feedback
- Produce and take ownership of design specs, balance spreadsheets, and other game documentation
- At least 5 years of work experience as Game Designer in the games industry
- Participation in all relevant phases and stages of the production of at least 2 finished and released video games
- Routine in the creation and maintenance of game design documents
- Experience in designing complex systems
- Seniority to guide colleagues from a GD standpoint and keep the game vision
- Very good command of the English language (both written and spoken)
- High capacity for teamwork and excellent communication skills
- Self-contained way of working and high level of self-motivation
- A lot of creativity
- Experience in the development of console games
- Practical knowledge of interaction and screen design
- Basic knowledge of project management and QA processes
- Basic knowledge of game and graphic engines
- Here’s to you! Fresh fruit, free beverages and special conditions for gym membership
- Do it! Personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes
- The Unit! Open office, friendly atmosphere and with professionals always willing to lend a hand
- There you are! Centrally located, bright and modern offices where creativity flourishes
- Have Fun!Of course play some games along the way
- And what else!? Learn more about your new professional homebase
We are looking forward to your application. To give us a more extensive first impression of you, a substantial application will be appreciated. The minimum content should be a short motivation letter and your CV. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. An application via our online tool is preferred.