KingsIsle Entertainment is looking for a Senior FX Artist to help develop exciting new games. We are the creators of the popular and critically acclaimed Wizard101 and Pirate101, which together have garnered over 50 Million registered players to date. This is an opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing and highly successful entertainment company.
- Work with the Art Director, Leads, and peers to develop VFX that are stylistically consistent and enhance the overall visual style of the project
- Build a wide range of FX for UI, gameplay, and in-game cinematics
- Create visually impactful VFX through creative use of particles, geometry, animation, sprites, and materials
- Optimization of VFX to ensure better performance without sacrificing quality of end product
- Work individually and with a diverse and experienced team of artists in a creative and fast paced environment
- Two-year Art degree from an accredited university
- 5+ years experience in game industry
- Unity experience
- Extensive working knowledge of 3DSMax and Photoshop
- Proficiency in setting up camera sequences and lighting effects
- Shipped at least 1 PC, console, or mobile game title
- Candidates must have a strong technical knowledge of particle systems and sprites
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to contribute to and work within schedules that are assigned
- Strong drawing and conceptualization skills
- Camera set-up, animation, and lighting experience
- Please make sure that the durations of your education and employment on your resume are included in month/year format
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- Applicants must be legally able to work in the U.S. for KingsIsle
- This job is located in the Austin/Round Rock area
In lieu of art samples, please provide a Portfolio link.
Please provide samples of your particle FX work.