Looking to bring animation to the re-animated? Then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking for talented FPS Animators to join our award-winning team in Stockholm.
As an FPS Animator at Starbreeze, you will be responsible for creating solid weapon and melee animations. You play a crucial role when it comes to tying together gameplay and character movement. You will be responsible for pitching ideas and creating prototypes. Ultimately, you will bring polish to the final stage, and bring life-like animations into the game.
- Create first person weapon animations for in-game behavior
- Collaborate with Senior and Lead Animators with respect to Art, Engineering and Design teams to define the animation style, produce pre-visualizations and present concept ideas to the team
- Understand game-required techniques such as blending, tagging, state machine transitions, animation blending trees, compression, etc.
- Work with the Producers, Department Leads and Animation team to establish methods to improve the production pipeline, tools and systems that will benefit the integrity of the animations for the studio
- Assist in troubleshooting animation and technical issues
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns in a timely manner to the Production team to ensure project goals are met and delivered to the highest level
You are an experienced Maya and or Motion Builder user and have an excellent understanding of the principles of animation. Experience and knowledge of the Unreal game engine is an advantage along with a passion for first person and weapon animation. You must be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you have:
- A strong understanding of quick and efficient iteration techniques that respect the gameplay requirements but also display the highest quality possible
- The ability to work well with other animators, leads and directors
- Superior artistic interpretation skills
- Excellent communication skills that allow to work efficiently with other disciplines and departments
- Contribute and be part of a highly creative team, giving and receiving feedback
- General understanding of game asset creation pipelines and ability to learn and master new tools, processes and pipelines
- Proficiencies in MotionBuilder and Maya
- Familiarity and excitement for games and game development
- A Reel demonstrating solid in-game, illustrating a clear understanding of the various animation principles
- An absolute passion for video games and animation.
Still reading? Great, because here comes the good part:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your resumé and meet you!
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resumé and personal letter to be considered.